How do you know when you need foundation repair in Chicago? Not everyone is aware of the signs that point to bigger foundation problems. Below, you will find photos of the common signs you might find throughout your house indicating a warped foundation. Cracks and misalignment are the biggest giveaway, but water intrusion can also point to a problem. If you notice any of these symptoms in your home, it's time to consider foundation repair. Safe-Guard Waterproofing is your foundation expert, so call us any time at (847) 678-8160.
The best time to call Safe-Guard Waterproofing is as soon as you notice the first sign of trouble. The longer that foundation problems are allowed to progress, the worse the underlying damage will be. We offer affordable foundation crack repair in Chicago to repair and prevent damage to your home. Many homeowners will see the effects of foundation problems—such as cracks or water leaks—and assume it's too late to fix and nothing can be done. This couldn't be further from the truth. With modern methods and sophisticated equipment, it is possible to rectify foundation problems. Our programs for foundation repair in Chicago are a proven success, saving thousands of homes from crumbling or sinking. Safe-Guard Waterproofing can make your house safe and comfortable again, all while increasing its total value. Call us today for an inspection and free estimate!
Safe-Guard Waterproofing is the only authorized dealer of the acclaimed Ram Jack foundation repair system in the state of Illinois. This comprehensive solution comes with a number of advantages. For example, there are fewer disturbances to the surrounding landscape, when the foundation is coated with environmentally-friendly thermoset plastic. The work is completed faster than other methods, and it's proven to be the most reliable method on the market today. Take a look at the Ram Jack section on this page to see its unique benefits.
Common Foundation Problems and Causes
Causes of Foundation Failure Signs of Foundation Failure Ram Jack's Unique Pile Features Superiority of Ram Jack's Soulutions Helical Anchors New Construction Pile Fortress Products Solar/Wind Turbine Helicals
Causes of Foundation Failure
1. EVAPORATION Hot dry wind and intense heat will often cause the soil to shrink beneath the foundation. This settlement may cause cracks to appear throughout the structure.
2. TRANSPIRATION Tree roots may desiccate the soul beneath a home causing the soil to shrink and the home to settle.
3. PLUMBING LEAKS Water from plumbing leaks is often the cause of foundation problems.
4. DRAINAGE Improper drainage is one of the leading causes of foundation failure. Excess moisture will erode or consilidate soils and cause settlement.
5. INFERIOR FOUNDATION CONSTRUCTION Insufficient steel and inferior concrete will contribute to movement in the slab.
6. INFERIOR GROUND PREPARATION Soft, low density soils and/or improperly compacted soil beneath a home is the leading cause of foundation failure. Cut and fill situations should be properly prepared before the soil is ready to support a structure.
7. POOR SOIL CONDITIONS Poor soil and its expansive and/or contraction contribute to foundation failure.
Signs of Foundation Failure
Signs on the inside of the house that indicate foundation problems may include:
1. Doors and windows that are misaligned
2. Cracks in the sheetrock
3. Doors and windows that are sicking
4. Sloping of the floor
5. Cracks in the floor or tile
Signs on the outside of the house that indicate foundation problems may include:
6. Cracks in the brick
7. Gaps around the doors and windows
8. Cracks in the foundation
9. Fascia board pulling away
Signs in the garage that indicate foundation problems may include:
10. Separation from door
11. Wall rotating out
12. Cracked brick
Signs in the basement that indicate foundation problems may include:
13. Walls leaning in or out
14. Cracks in the wall
15. Water intrusion
Ram Jack's Unique Pile Features
1. The Ram Jack ® driving head delivers rapid power to long sections of piling for a faster installation and a stronger pile.
2. Have over 70,000 lbs. of driving force available to deliver to the Ram Jack ® pile column.
3. The Ram Jack ® bracket has been tested in excess of 100,000 lbs. of force.
4. The extended guide sleeve loads the piling vertically and rifles the piling as it advanced to load-bearing strata.
5. The Ram Jack ® Steel Pile material has been tested and specifically selected for its unusually high quality to resist bending and buckling. Tensile tests average 150,000 lbs.
6. The 10" pile connector is composed of a smaller diameter section of the same high quality tubing and is crimped into one end of each pile section. The connector is a slip joint into the next pile section.
8. Creates a solid base for the lead pile section to bear on firm strata.
7. This ring expands the soil away from the piling to reduce friction during the driving process for maximum penetration through unstable soil.
Superiority of Ram Jack ® Solutions
Deep Driven Steel Piles
1. Less disturbance to your landscape
2. Work completed more quickly
3. Proven the most reliable system on the market
4. Patented Ram Jack ® System - No one else comes close.
5. Environmentally friendly thermoset plastic coating.
Multiple Lifting Points
A carefully controlled lift is achieaved using hydrolic rams (maximum vertical recovery is applied to achieve improved horizontal alignment). Limitations for complete recovery may exsist depending upon the structure.
Deep Driven Steel Pile Patents
#4673315, #4911580, #5722798, #5951206.
ICC-ES Legacy Report PFC-5996
1. The porch bracket has a variety of application for light structures.
2. The bracket installs with speed and efficency and transfers foundation loads to the pier column for maximun dependability.
3. After installing helical anchors through the floor slab, the floor is raised mechanically and supported on firm strata.
4. Clean, Easy installation. Commonly used in repair of retaining walls and basement walls.
5. Helical anchors installed prior to construction to prevent downward settlement before it starts. By monitoring hydraulic pressures, anchors are load tested as they are installed.
New Construction Pile
New Construction Pile
1. Helical anchors installed prior to construction prevent downward settlement before it happens. By monitoring the installation torque of the piles, the compression and tension capacity of the pile can be verified.
2. Patented Threaded Connection provides a rigid connection for increased torque and lateral capacities.
Installing the New Construction Pile
1. Clean installation with no spoils.
2. Pile can be loaded immediately after installation.
3. Installed below water table without casing.
4. Can be loaded immediately after installation.
5. No weather delays/Ni vibration/No noise.
6. Load carried on helix bearing plates.
7. Slender shaft reduces heave potential due to skin friction.
8. Each pile is tested for capacity as it is installed by monitoring the torque values.
9. Can be removed.
10. A warranty you can count on.
FORTRESS COUNTERSUNK STAPLES
Fortress Stabilization Staples are the first commercially available crack control stitching system designed to transfer load away from repair materials. The Staples are comprised of high tensile strength and modulus carbon fiber. The fibers are encapsulated in a thermal set resin and cured under pressure during manufacturing process. A peel-ply fabric is adhered to the strap; when removed it leaves a prepared bonding surface for adhesion to a prepared substrate. The typical staple is 10" long by .38" wide with 1" legs.
Fortress Stabilization Systems hybrid grid system is comprised of high tensile strength carbon fiber and kevlar. The fibers are encapsulated in a thermal set resin and cured in tension. A peel-ply fabric is adhered to the strap, when removed it leaves a prepared bonding surface for adhesive to a prepared substrate.
FORTRESS NECK TIES
Fortress Kevlar Necktie is an Aramid Composite webbing combined with an aluminum bracket and zinc coated lags that laminates into 4020 epoxy resin system. Half of the Aramid webbing is traditional fabric, the other half is pre-prag pre-cured with peel-ply which laminates to the foundation assuring entire strap will load in conjunction. It is designed to attach to the bond or ridge plate of structure which remains constant whether there is a seal plate or no seal plate present.
TOW STITCHING DOG
Designed for flatwork poured concrete near surface mounting, slightly embedded into saw cut. It allows for closer spacing and is more economical than steel stitching dogs.
CARBON GRID MESH
Fortress Stabilization Systems Pre-Preg Carbon Grid Mesh is a revolutionary alternative to welded wire. The mesh strength is based on the Ultimate Tensile Strength. Steel will yield a lower strength and will break at this strength. The carbon is stiffer than steel, so the concrete will crack less in reaching the full tensile capacity of the mesh. The surface area of the mesh is also greater, so the concrete/carbon bond is more effective than that of steel. The Pre-Preg Grid comes in a variety of structural mats or scrims having the advantage of being lightweight and non-corrosive. Pre-Preg Grid Mesh is used in various pre-cast applications, both vertical and horizontal applications of shotcrete, decorative concrete from slabs to countertops as well as concrete crack control.
Solar/Wind Turbine Helicals
OUR HELICAL COMPARED TO OTHERS: MORE STABILITY
Solar Wind Foundations provides engineered solutions for your solar panel or small wind turbine project. Utilizing the patented Ram Jack™ Helical Piling System, our products are designed to last a lifetime setting the industry standard in solar power foundation solutions. Whether you’re interested in putting in a single panel or a forty MW field we’ll be there, any time, any place, any weather.
Conventional foundation methods need to be constantly maintained or replaced. Drilled concrete piers are handicapped by shallow depths, casing below water table, heavy equipment cost, and set up time. Even after all of the hassle you’re left with inferior stability.
Our helical systems penetrate into load bearing strata without having to be pre-drilled, there’s no casing below water table, heavy machinery is not required, install time cut by 60%, loaded immediately after install, and there are no weather delays. Other helical systems weakness is in there lateral capacities, which we’ve overcome by utilizing the industries only patented threaded connection. Our threaded connection creates a rigid column in both tension and compression, keeping your solar panel in place and on target. More importantly it creates the resistance needed for wind turbines.